Monday, April 28, 2008

Back in the 'Peg... after the GDC National AGM...


Yesterday afternoon I, along with my fellow GDC Manitoba representatives returned from Saskatoon and the GDC National AGM. It was an amazing experience to say the least (being my first National AGM), and I felt privileged to be able to share and contribute to the wealth of diverse knowledge & experiences of the representatives & delegates from GDC Chapters across Canada (as well as the representatives from Icograda and SDGQ in Montreal).

It was a great pleasure to be able to meet them all in person, and to be able to put faces to some that I have long interacted with via the GDC Listserve and other common areas of interest. I feel energized and inspired by all the passion that was shown, and humbled by the endless devotion of the GDC Executives and volunteers (both nationally and regional). A big thank you to our generous hosts the GDC Saskatchewan North Chapter!

With that being said, I urge everyone with a GDC Chapter in their area to get involved, become a member or volunteer, share in your passion for design/sustainability, and contribute to the evolution of the face of Canadian design! I can say (quite honestly) that you'll benefit the most out of membership in any organization (be it the GDC or your local gym), by being active within it. I also recommend that you visit the GDC website often, as it, along with our industry is constantly evolving and being updated with new technologies and features. Anyhow, it's good to be back in the 'Peg - Cheers!

No comments: