Sunday, May 18, 2008

An Afternoon at the Races...


Well, it's another beautiful spring day in Manitoba today, as we Canadians continue to enjoy the Victoria Day long weekend. This afternoon was spent with some friends, lazing around at the Assiniboine Downs, Manitoba's home to live thoroughbred racing action, with a history of over 50 years.


These few pictures were taken with my new Canon Powershot SD850 IS. Although, I'm sad to have to give my Sony Cybershot DSC-W100 an early retirement, I'm looking forward to using some of the new features on this camera. Such as, more experiments with the 'stitch assist' to create neat panoramic shots... my first attempt (a combination of 4 images - you can see the seams) is shown above. Next time, I'll be sure to use a tripod, and be a bit more weary of moving objects... like my ghost horses? ;)


I have to say, it never ceases to amaze me at how diverse the track audience tends to be... anyhow, a good time was had by all, I actually won my quinella with the two horses (4 and 9) shown above! Hope you're all continuing to enjoy the weekend - cheers!

No comments: