Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Recommended Viewing | Airport Animation...


I just came across this neat animation on YouTube, via a post on the popular SpeakUp blog where they describe the video as using most of the famed AIGA Symbol Signs. I think it's rather well done and thought that you might enjoy it too... the description on YouTube describes it as the animated story of one man's epic journey, created entirely from public domain symbols. In other words, an airport story told in the language of airport infographics.

The video is a couple of years old so, I apologize if you've seen it before... you can watch the video (embedded above) or on YouTube, here - enjoy!

2 comments:

Doug said...

Haven't seen that one yet. Reminds me of the "Catch Me if You Can" intro. You could a pretty funny/sick one with the inflight safety brochures.

Adrian J.K. Shum, CGD said...

Yes... that did have a very Saul Bass like feeling. Whenever I see one of them in-flight safety brochures I think of the scene in Fight Club where they change them all up to 'more believable' versions (screaming people, crying babies and all). ;)