Monday, September 8, 2008

2008 Guardian Challenge
Kyokushin Karate Knockdown
Tournament – Saturday, November 15th...


My apologies for the lack of posts... I've been busy. ;P First things first:

Congratulations! to my Senpai(s) and kōhai(s) who fought in the Kyokushin-kan Pan American Championship this past weekend in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. From what I've been told, our fighters were atop the podium for the majority of events they competed in. More information will be posted to the Guardian Dojo website upon their return... check often for news updates. Osu!!!

Anyhow, one of the things that has been occupying my spare time is the design of applications for this year's 2008 Guardian Challenge – Kyokushin Karate Knockdown Tournament, one of which you can see above. The image shows the promotional poster I created for this year's event which is scheduled to take place on Saturday, November 15th at the St. Vital EMC, it's the same venue as last year.

The poster and the majority of additional applications were output digitally by the fine folks over at Industry Images, they've been very helpful in accommodating my 'small-run' projects. This version was for the initial run... we've got more sponsors to include, but only these were confirmed (and had their logos available) at the time of printing.

Tickets will be going on sale for the event shortly... if you're interested in watching the event, drop me an email and I'll see what the best way to get you tickets would be (a limited number of advance tickets will be available at Miyabi in Osborne Village, from members of the Guardian Dojo, and at the Dojo during regular class hours). Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door (there may be only a limited number available at the door so I'd recommend you purchase in advance if you plan to attend). If you'd like an idea of what you can expect to see, you can see amateur footage from last year's tournament on YouTube, here.


Here's a detail from the poster... all the images used to create the poster are from last year's tournament, which you can see collected on my Flickr (the photos were taken by my friend and local designer, Doug Fedrau). I'll post more information, and additional imagery as it becomes available... check the Guardian Dojo website often for more info and updates, go to http://www.guardiandojo.com/ - cheers!

No comments: