Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Close Encounter of the Moth Kind...


This past Saturday, after watching the Netherlands, disappointing loss to Russia (3-1, Euro2008) over at Raelene's (one of my good friends and a fellow GDC Manitoba Board Member; Raelene is the current GDC Manitoba Education Chair), I came outside to find this large moth just hanging out on the wall...


It was just begging to be photographed... ;) Now, this by far, is not the largest moth I've seen before (I've seen some that are the width of my palm, but this has always been out in the woods camping), but it's likely the largest I've seen this year.


I apologize for some of the blurry pics... do you see a face in the pattern on the moth's head (it's upside down)?


Anybody know what kind of moth this is? Anybody? Bueller? ;P


Anyhow, hope everybody had a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Okay, I officially have the heebie jeebies. That's just waaay too much moth. Great photos though! (as great as moth photos can be, ew, haha).

Adrian J.K. Shum, CGD said...

Thanks Amber!

Sorry about giving you the heebie jeebies... I'm normally not a fan of moths (or anything that flutters around my head, for that matter) either, but this moth was cool (read as not moving). ;)

Cheers!