Thursday, August 16, 2007

Curse of the Amazon.ca


Just a little rant... for those of you who are unfamiliar with me, I am a collector of sorts... I collect all types of things, ranging from found ephemera to toys, movies, books and more. Anyhow, I was going through my bookmarks and came across this neat experimental flash site called Amaztype. It's a neat little program that searches through a user specified Amazon locale, for images that match your search word (see image). I felt it was appropriate considering how much I love/hate Amazon. I'll admit, I use Amazon for most of my book purchases, majority of which have become online... this is where the curse comes in. I don't know about anyone else but, I've found the online shopping movement to be a curse altogether... its far too easy to make purchases online and forget about them... the fact that Amazon doesn't charge your credit card until they ship doesn't help the fact either...

Oh well, check out that experimental Flash site here: http://amaztype.tha.jp/ and BEWARE the Curse of the Amazon.ca

No comments: