Friday, August 22, 2008

The K.I.S.S. Principle...


The embedded video above, Underground Street Fight Showoff via Today's Big Thing is a perfect illustration of why the K.I.S.S. principle (keep it simple, stupid) really applies when it comes to an actual combat scenario... the caption from the website read as follows:

Capoeira is a flashy style of fighting based largely on break dancing. Unfortunately for this guy, there's more to winning a fight than what we've been taught by Michael Jackson music videos and West Side Story. Next time he'll focus less on dancing and more on punching.

... as a Kyokushin Karate-ka, I couldn't agree more. ;) Leave the flashy stuff for TV, movies and video games... you don't actually think that Street Fighter moves would work in a real fight do you? At least, I sure hope not... that is unless you can actually unleash a 'real' Hadoken. ;P - enjoy!

UPDATE: My brother tells me that this actually is a clip from a movie called 'Never Back Down'... I'll admit, I had my suspicions... ;P

No comments: